Followers

Monday 7 May 2012

Don't Call Me Stupid

Don’t call me stupid
Don’t stare with bewilderment
Say as, say this, say in whispers heard
Mention a word and spell with ease

To check, and check and check again,
My keys my phone, words spelling too
And still not see, where things do lie, 
Where letters disjoint, in forming words

Look and say; whats wrong with him
Its not by choice, am not a dunce
Don't patronise me so, gesture as jester
And call me stupid

I am, the wordsmith, dabbler you came to know 
I write, I utter and to you; thought provoked
Such metaphoric connections, 
Your intellect bow to, in appreciation's gestures

In sing songs, such masterful sounds of music sang
In painting, always a master piece to hang
My speeches are moving, I utter with grace
Effortlessly in doing, it brings smiles to faces

But then, in spelling be, to have become lean
To spell they as there,
Their as thier, exact, as exert
Don't call me stupid, its not by choice 

To my mind, its what it sees, and reads as so
Being forgetful is not by choice 
Sorry to have to ask, again
Your "name", your "name", please

To maths, I am brilliant, 
To maths I am not
In my mind, its entangled in abstract
But don't call me stupid, its not by choice

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis